Private Hire Terms & Conditions
1. All menus, wines and spirits are subject to availability. In the event that the chosen item is not available, Olympic Studios will endeavour to find a suitable alternative in agreement with the Member / Client. Pre-ordered menus, wine and spirits cannot be changed once the order has been placed with the supplier.
2. A 12.5% service charge will be added to your final food and beverage bill.
3. Those attending events at Olympic Studios who are not members must remain within the privately hired are as booked and are not permitted to move to other parts of the building.
4. Screen 1 has a maximum capacity for 136, Screen 2 can seat 73 people, The Screening Room can seat 17 people. The maximum for the Green Room is 35 standing and 20 for seated dining.
5. Prices are correct at the time of printing and Olympic Studios reserves the right to alter prices without prior notice according to market fluctuations. VAT is charged according to government guidelines and is included in all prices quoted.
6. Final numbers must be confirmed at least 72 hours prior to the event. In the event that numbers decrease after this time, you will be charged for the confirmed number. If numbers increase after this time, we will attempt to accommodate the larger number. In the case of increased numbers, the number catered for will form the basis of the charge.
7. Olympic Studios retain the right to charge a 50% cancellation fee of the agreed room hire/ minimum spend if the event is cancelled at any point after it is confirmed. If 5 days notice is not given prior to the function, Olympic Studios reserves the right to charge you 100% of your room hire; this will be decided at the manager’s discretion. We will endeavour to sell the space again and minimise your costs where possible.
8. Olympic Studios cannot store or take responsibility for any equipment/products that may be used in conjunction with a private event.
9. The use of cameras is only permitted within a private room. Written permission is required from Olympic Studios prior to any filming and/or photography due to be broadcast or exhibited in any way in the building (including all private hire spaces and the exterior of the building).
10. Any property brought to a private event remains the responsibility of the owner. Olympic Studios will not be liable for any property left behind after a private event.
11. Vacate times are to be confirmed/agreed by Olympic Studios prior to confirmation.
12. All accounts must be settled in full on departure or in advance of the event. We can invoice after the event with prior notice.
13. While we understand Covid can affect party numbers at short notice, our booking terms still apply and cancellations will be charged for. We also encourage you to request your guests to perform lateral flow tests before arriving, for your safety.
1. Screenings must start promptly at the arranged time. Unfortunately, due to our busy schedule of public screenings we cannot delay the start of private hires to accommodate latecomers. We advise inviting guests to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled screening time.
2. The host of the party will be held responsible for the orderly conduct of guests attending the event. Guests must remain seated throughout performances and standing on furniture or the throwing of food, or property will not be tolerated. Olympic Studios reserves the right to stop the screening in the event of misbehaviour. Olympic Studios will not be held responsible for any injuries or damage to personal property sustained by ignoring these guidelines.
3. The host of the party will be held responsible for any damage caused to the property.
4. Olympic Studios insist that parties comprise one adult for every six children (under the age of 16).
5. Outside food, including birthday cakes are not permitted in the Cinemas.
6. The above rules are also applicable to hire of the Green Room.
We have outlined the key elements below and in booking an event at Olympic Studios you agree to these terms.
We will only collect, keep, use and share Personal Data as requested by you, for legitimate business purposes that we explain here below, or if we’re legally required to do so.
We will be as clear and open as we can with you about what Personal Data we collect and how it will be processed.
For as long as we maintain records of your Personal Data, we will keep it up to date and protect it with appropriate safety measures.
When you visit
Your image may be recorded on CCTV when you visit us. This is to protect our customers, premises and assets from crime. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
If we discover any criminal activity or alleged criminal activity through our use of CCTV, fraud monitoring and suspicious transaction monitoring, we will process this data for the purposes of preventing or detecting unlawful acts. We aim to protect the individuals we interact with from criminal activities.
When you book an event
When you book an event or private screening, we ask you for your name, address, email, telephone number / mobile number, credit card information and signature.
We use your information in the following ways:
1. to process, activate and confirm your booking
2. to contact you regarding menu and drink options.
We require this information for legitimate reasons in order for the event to take place, deliver our services and fulfil our contract with you.
We will not share your information with any third party except as stated in this Privacy Notice or as required to operate the Sites, provide our services to you and administer your event. We do not share your Personal Data with social media sites. We do not use the information to make any automated decisions that might affect you. We do not sell on your information or give it to other companies for research or sales.
We keep your information while your event is forthcoming and up to 2 years afterwards.